occasions

• Submitted: Tue, March 22, 2005
  • Updated: Sat, July 16, 2005

• Reported By:Indpls Indiana
Spectra Financial Services - Michael Trudel
100 A Walnut . Suite 243 Champlain, New York U.S.A.

Spectra Financial Services - Michael Trudel Total Rip OFF Champlain New York *EDitor's Suggestions on how to get your money back into your bank account!

*Consumer Suggestion: Spectra; Integra; Oxford; Simple Choice; Majestic; Centurion; Sureway and others

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: I'm a victim in Indianapolis, Indiana

Ok, I didn't check on this company before I said yes to their offer to give me a credit card with the balance of $2,000 to re-establish my credit. They called me on January 11, 2005 and then took the money from my bank on January 25, 2005 and promised to send me the card within 21 days.

When that didn't happen, I called and they said, oh it is 25 business days. Then when that didn't happen they said there was a delay in their shipping department and that there was a one additional week delay. Well here it is 2 months later and now they are not returning calls.

I called the State Attorney's office who referred me to the FBI who said that it doesn't fit their criteria (they handle telemarketing scams and since I allowed them to use my bank apparently it doesn't fit their criteria). They referred me to the State Attorney Generals Office of my state (Indiana) but my past experience is that they only take complaints and when they have a list of complaints against a company then they will open an investigation and prosecute.

So that left me with the Secret Service Agency, (most large cities have an office so check your state capitol) They said yes, they handle credit card fraud, and I'm waiting for someone to call me back. I'll post a response when I get one.

Please pass the word to everyone you know who like me is on the edge of bad credit. Or anyone who is looking to get a credit card. Please feel free to contact me by using the rebuttal box below, to coordinate efforts to prosecute.

Diana
Indpls, Indiana

EDitor's Suggestions on how to get your money back!

HERE IS WHAT RIP-OFF REPORT SUGGESTS YOU DO:

Go to your bank within 60 days of the charge, or as soon as you know about the charge, don't delay, and tell them that there has been fraudulent activity within your account. Explain that you wish to file a dispute, and demand that they assist you in accordance with Federal Regulation E.

According to the majority of victims interviewed by Rip-off Report, those who immediately called their banks to dispute the charges did not get very far. Many victims got the following responses from their banks: we could not do anything for you or you waited too long; it has been more than 60 days.

If the bank is says that you have waited too long, explain to them how you called their 800 number as soon as the charges were found, and were told by the bank that nothing could be done. Remind the bank that they failed to assist you properly at the 800 #, and instead, provided you with an inadequate explanation of your right to dispute. Tell the bank that it's their fault time has expired, and since they gave you the wrong info to begin with, they will just have to deal with it, take the loss and reverse the charges.

Tell them the truth; this was unauthorized and your account was NOT to be charged! Keep emphasizing how you never authorized anything! Direct them to the hundreds of victims reports that were filed on Rip-off Report.com. And if you're at the bank, walk them over to their computer and make them go to this site! If you are on the phone with them, tell them you will wait while they access this site! Either way, be persistent!

DO NOT TAKE NO FOR AN ANSWER!

Let them know nicely, that you were advised to Report them (the Bank) and this situation to the Banking Commission in your state. Since each state has a different name for the agency/controller over banks, find that name before you call or get to the bank so you can throw it in their face. The more knowledgeable you appear to be, the further you will get.

And just continue to demand the Federal Regulation E form! The bank CAN, MUST and WILL reverse the charge! But, you must be persistent; ask to speak to the supervisor or the area manager for all the branches in the state.

Let the bank personnel know you are meeting with the media later in the day, that you would much rather they do the right thing (as most other banks have) by looking at the complaints and immediately reversing the charge(s) to your account; no matter how long ago it was. Be sure to call the Media if necessary so you are telling the truth.

If you have to, be loud (but nice) in front of other customers. If you are just calling by phone, the above tactics should still work. The bank can easily fax or mail to you the Federal Regulation E dispute form.

CHARGES TO YOUR CREDIT CARD

If the charge was to your credit card (not debit card, check card, or checking account), contact the credit card company as soon as possible to request a dispute form. Consumers usually have a little longer to dispute fraudulent credit card charges (up to 6 months), but it is better to act right away. In this type of situation, credit card disputes are usually successful since fraudulent companies often won't contest the disputed charge. In rare cases, credit card companies will review disputes, but refuse to reverse the charges. If this occurs, complain to a manager and let them know you will be filing a report here.

Remember Don't let them get away with it! Make sure they make the Rip-off Report .. The more Reports filed on a Company or individual, the more likely it is that the authorities, media and attorneys will want to take action.

And good luck Let us know how you do!

ED Magedson Founder, Rip-off Report.com & Author of www.ripoffrevenge.com
EDitor@ripoffreport.com
badbusinessbureau.com
www.ripoffreport.com

Don't let them get away with it.
Make sure they make the Rip-off Report!

We are not lawyers.
We are not a collection agency.

We are Consumer Advocates.
...the victims' advocate

WE are Civil and Human Rights Activists

We are a Worldwide Consumer Reporting News Agency
...by consumers, for consumers

CLICK HERE to read about Credit Card Scams... find out how to get your money back. *Rip-off Report Investigation provides valuable information.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/22/2005 09:20 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Spectra-Financial-Services-Michael-Trudel/Champlain-New-York-12919/Spectra-Financial-Services-Michael-Trudel-Total-Rip-OFF-Champlain-New-York-EDitors-Sug-135979. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Spectra Financial Services - Michael Trudel

#1 Consumer Suggestion

AUTHOR: Donna - (U.S.A.)

These ALL originate in Canada. PLEASE contact PhoneBusters @ www.PhoneBusters.com or 888-495-8501

Continue to file with Attorney General's

#2 Consumer Suggestion

AUTHOR: Leland - (U.S.A.)

I am a victim of the same scam. I've been involved in a different multistate scam before and did recieve my $800 back from that one. Because the company's operating address is out of New York it falls under their responsibility, not the state in which the victim lives. Is there some form of petition either electronic or via fax that we can get started? Either to push with the attorney generals office or to get a lawyer to look at the possible case to file a class action suit?

#3 Consumer Suggestion

#4 Consumer Suggestion

#5 REBUTTAL Individual responds

AUTHOR: Tasha - (U.S.A.)

I am a victim of the same company. Money was taken out my account Feb. 2, 05, and today is April 14, 05 and I still havent received anything. I received a package but no credit card. I will appreciate it if the lady from indianapolis, in responds back to me below.

#6 REBUTTAL Individual responds