Complaint Review: Spectra Financial

• Submitted: Sat, February 26, 2005
  • Updated: Sat, February 26, 2005

• Reported By:saint francis Wisconsin
Spectra Financial
100A Walnut Street Suite A CHAMPLAIN, Pennsylvania U.S.A.

Spectra Financial ripoff, scam CHAMPLAIN Pennsylvania

I received a phone call today from Spectra Financial asking me if I would be interested in re-establishing my credit. Well like most Americans I replied with "yes". I fell right into there trap. They offered me a Mastercard with a 1 time fee of $249.00 and no annual fees or interest for 3 years. I had even asked in humor " are you commiting fraud" she laughed and said " no mame thats illegal". I blew it off.

I should of known better given the fact Im a Personal Banker and I know that all products have some sort of fees and maybe won't have interst for the first 6 months or something like that.

But no...I though to myself this is a really good deal, my husband and I are trying to acheive the goal of buying a home, that this would help.

After a few minutes of thought I decided to check so I lodgged on to Google and found other "ripoff reports" from others.

So now I have to call my bank, pay a $30.00 charge to stop the ACH transaction, could possibly be facing identity theft and other things. And I have nothing to show for it except losing $30.00 bucks.

Tina
saint francis, Wisconsin

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/26/2005 11:05 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Spectra-Financial/CHAMPLAIN-Pennsylvania/Spectra-Financial-ripoff-scam-CHAMPLAIN-Pennsylvania-132923. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Spectra Financial