Complaint Review: Spectra Financial

• Submitted: Thu, February 24, 2005
  • Updated: Thu, February 24, 2005

• Reported By:St. Louis Missouri
Spectra Financial
100 A. Walnut St. Unit 243 Champlian, New York U.S.A.

Spectra Financial ripoff stolen money scam never recieved credit card paid money up front charged $60 from another affiliate also Champlian New York

I was called and offered a credit card for a one time fee of $249, no annual fee, no finance charges for the first three years and then after that 4.9%. I accepted and paid the $249 on January 21, 2005 and was told I would recieve my card in the next 25 days and I have yet to receive the credit card even after the money was withdrawn from my account. I called the number I was given and the customer service rep. told me to be expecting the card by the end of February. I received a pin# and an activation #. I was unable to ever receive a phone number to the main office.

I was also charged on my account a $59.90 regarding a long distance phone service from a company called Protel. I have sent a letter to this bogus "Spectra Financial" and I have not heard back from them yet nor do I expect to since this is a scam. I plan to prosecute or do everything that I can to get my money back and save the rest of people like me from being ripped off. I am in the process of hiring an attorney. I am also open for suggestions if anyone is willing to help or if you know something.

Christine
St. Louis, Missouri

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/24/2005 07:20 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Spectra-Financial/Champlian-New-York-12919/Spectra-Financial-ripoff-stolen-money-scam-never-recieved-credit-card-paid-money-up-front-132727. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Spectra Financial