Complaint Review: Spectra Financial

• Submitted: Fri, April 22, 2005
  • Updated: Fri, April 22, 2005

• Reported By:richmond Virginia
Spectra Financial
100-A Walnut St. #253 Chanplain, New Mexico U.S.A.

Spectra Financial ripoff beware they ofer unsecured credit card only to say once commited that you not get card Chanplain New york

Not sure how they got my cell phone number,but they called to offer me a unsecured credit card, 3 yrs 0% interest, $2000 credit line. I have bad credit, so it sounded good. All they needed was a one time fee of $249.00 to be automatically taken out of my checking account. Set up a date for it to be deducted--jan 25th, and it was actually taken Feb 4th, 2005.

They said that I was to receive the card in 10-15 business days from the time of the debit. That was to be March 16th(or close) 2005. So I called and it hadn't come yet. They said that it can take up to 25 business days. So i waited untill March 27th, 2005. Still no card. So I called again. They said that the computer said that it was sent out and that I was to recieve it the first part of the next week.

So on Sat, April 9, 2005, I get a package from them. It had a couple brochures, and a couple letters. One letter stated that I should be receiving the card in 25 business days from receiving this letter. The other letter said that I have to fill out the application included (there was no app included!), send it in, and then would recieve the card in another 2-3 weeks. So I called today, and they must only have 1 person answering the phone, because it is either busy or I get the voicemail.

So I looked up Spectra Financial on the internet an found more complaints on Spectra Financial. So I called my bank, they looked up the check, and it was cashed at a bank in California. Spectra financial is in New York state so why did did my check end up in california.

now this can get pretty agrivating when you live on a tight salary and someone ofers you a window that appears to have promise, only to find out that you have been scammed out of your hard earned money.

The really screwed up thing is, that when a real, true oportunity comes along, you will probably be gun shy with ripoff fear.

richmond, Virginia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/22/2005 12:30 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Spectra-Financial/Chanplain-New-Mexico-12919/Spectra-Financial-ripoff-beware-they-ofer-unsecured-credit-card-only-to-say-once-commited-139891. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Spectra Financial