Complaint Review: Spectra Finiancial

• Submitted: Tue, February 08, 2005
  • Updated: Tue, February 08, 2005

• Reported By:las vegas Nevada
Spectra Finiancial
spectrafiniancal.com New York, New York U.S.A.

Spectra Finiancial ripoff with spectra financial New York New York

the other day a lady called saying i qualified for a spectra financial bankcard for a "mastercard" with a credit limit of $2000.00, 0%apr for 3yrs, and then 4.9% thereafter, no monthly fees or annual fees for the life of the card, no fees what-so-ever! This card supposedly issued by a USA bank, so my fiance' agreed for a fee (1 time only) of $249.00, the card to be recieved within 15-25 days.I gave them all of his personal information, includeing name, ss#, DOB, drivers license #, (IDENTITY THEFT POSSIBILITIES) as well as all of our bank information except a check #. The next day out of obvious concern i called the number given to us for customer service, I called That afternoon to check on this and it was really weird.These people are saying up to 30 days for the card but they want the $249 upfront.

I have always gotten my cards within a few days. I checked online and found other fraud reports and information so i called my bank and cancelled the transaction. I was so upset.

The bank said they will just try to go back in and charge for different amounts. This really sucks. when you give out your checking info and all your info it doesnt protect you at all. They can go around the bank system and charge in different amounts every day until they get the $249 wellsfargo suggested the hold for $249 and then if they continue to place it back through then cancel the account and open a new checking account. I already have fraud alert on my acocunt and credit.

I had other checks out and i had to make sure they cleared before i could do this at all..
what a pain!!!
Dont trust anyone that calls you for a a line of credit.or ask for your personal information with a bank or paypal.

a month ago i had a lady sending money to herself in las vegas with western union.How she got my debit info will never be known.

I suggest you check your accounts every day for fraud. That is whats nice about checking online. The bank will creidt you the amount back but it doesnt save you from over draft fees and other things.

I choose not to be a victim to internet fraud and change my accounts or my life.
the number to the bank is 1-866-202-5077
spectra financial

las vegas, Nevada

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/08/2005 12:40 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Spectra-Finiancial/New-York-New-York/Spectra-Finiancial-ripoff-with-spectra-financial-New-York-New-York-130582. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Spectra Finiancial