Complaint Review: Spectrum Cleaning Concepts

• Submitted: Tue, August 04, 2009
  • Updated: Wed, September 05, 2012

• Reported By:Smyrna Georgia
Spectrum Cleaning Concepts
3350 Riverwood Parkway Suite 1900 Atlanta, Georgia U.S.A.

Spectrum Cleaning Concepts ,Derreck D. Smith, DERRECK D. SMITH IS A CROOK! DO NOT BE FOOLED! THIS FRANCHISE OPPORTUNITY IS A SHAM! Atlanta Georgia

*Author of original report: In the same boat

* : call me as soon as possible

* : Franchisee

I met Mr. Derreck Smith in January 2009 after already making a decision to start a cleaning Franchise here in Atlanta, Ga. I had a consultation with another company, and decided the cleaning business was for me.

A couple of days later I met Mr. Smith, and starting to tell him about my intention to go forward with the other company. Long story short, he offered me a better deal than the first company, and I decided to go with his company.

Before I gave over the money, I did a BBB check and I didn't see any complaints here in Georgia. (I have since seen reports against him from Charlotte, N.C. listed on their website)

I gave him the first installment of the Franchise fee on February 10th, and the last amount on February 25th. He was supposed to get me contracts equal to $7,000 per month. He promised me that I would be "up and running" by May 2009....needless to say, it is August 4th and I haven't received 1 contract.

I have called this man every single day for the last 2 months and I have gotten no response. I have written letters to him, gone to his office, and even to his house. I will be taking him to court in 3 weeks to sue him for my initial investment and lost wages among other things.

Please DO NOT get into any agreements with this individual. He is a scam artist, a liar, and a thief in MY opinion.

Nyree
Smyrna, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/04/2009 05:16 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Spectrum-Cleaning-Concepts/Atlanta-Georgia-30339/Spectrum-Cleaning-Concepts-Derreck-D-Smith-DERRECK-D-SMITH-IS-A-CROOK-DO-NOT-BE-FOOLE-476447. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Spectrum Cleaning Concepts

In the same boat

AUTHOR: Nyreeroberts - (U.S.A.)

I am still trying to bring litigation again this guy. He has been scamming people from N.C. all the way to Atlanta. THis site will not allow you to put any contact information down, but you can find me on Facebook, Twitter or any other social networking site under nyreeroberts. I have also been connected with another guy who was scammed out of money from Mr. Derreck Smith. We would love to speak to you.

Nyree Roberts
nyreeroberts@aol.com

#2

call me as soon as possible

AUTHOR: Ms. Griffin - (USA)

#3

Franchisee

AUTHOR: Ms. Griffin - (USA)

Derreck Smith did the same thing to my husband and I.  We gave him a check for $7000 to bring revenue of about $3500 per month.  To date we have one contract for $500 and he has been promising us more contracts for over a year.  We have called this guy everyday and he will not call us back.  He don't even pay us the $500 on time from the one contract.  He has not paid us for the month of July or August.  We cant get him to call us back.  We are now wanted to sue also.  Please call us and we can all do it together to stop this fool once and for all so no one else has to go through this.

Deidra G