Complaint Review: Speed Lube

• Submitted: Mon, May 18, 2009
  • Updated: Mon, May 18, 2009

• Reported By:Trivoli Illinois
Speed Lube
Canton, IL Canton, Illinois U.S.A.

Speed Lube over charged and lied to Canton Illinois

I was the first customer at Speed Lube Canton IL today. I asked for an oil change using synthitic oil. I was told they had Mobil1, which I have used before. I was not given an option of other brands nor was I told there would be a surcharge for "a premium brand" oil. The posted price for an oil change is $59.99. Of course I expected to be charged for an oil and air filter which would understandably increase the base price. I was charged over $91 because "they used a premium oil". Had I been asked about another brand I would have chosen it. If I had been advised there was an additional charge for using Mobil1 I would have asked questions about options.

When I tried to report this overcharge to the district manager I was told that I had used this product before at the same price and it has not been a problem. I have in face used Mobil1 before but never was charged any additional fees. The woman, who identified herself as president of Speed Lube, then proceeded to argue with me. After this brief encounter I ended the conversation realizing Speed Lube is not interested in customer satisfaction. I then searched the internet for Speed Lube corporate headquarters information only to find it to be an impossible search. I am now contacting the Illinois States attorney's office to submit a complaint and to ask for a fraud investigation.

This matter is more appauling when I drove across the street to an automotive supply business and found they were having a sale on Mobil! oil-- 4 quarts plus an oil filter for $36.00. I will tell all I know to avoid this company at all it's sites.

Cynthia
Trivoli, Illinois

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/18/2009 03:38 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Speed-Lube/Canton-Illinois-61520/Speed-Lube-over-charged-and-lied-to-Canton-Illinois-453057. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Speed Lube