Complaint Review: Speeddating.com

• Updated: Wed, June 09, 2010

• Reported By: Tom — Pomeroy Washington United States of America
Speeddating.com
PO BOX 5545, Redwood City, CA 94063 Internet United States of America

Speeddating.com Used my email account in fraudulent manner by saying I had a message from one of my contacts on thier site Internet

RE: Speeddating.com internet site

The chronology for the events take place from approximately May 14, 2010 to May 21,2010 when the actual billing was done to my account.  I am not sure of the exact date when requested the membership to end but I believe it was more than likely before the 21st.

I received an email saying I had a message from a contact in my hotmail account telling me I had a message from them on the Speeddating.com internet site.  In fact no such message was there but in order to quote check it out they requested I join the site.  I did in fact join the site but I believed it was a trial membership.  However they kept insisting I had a message from my hotmail account contact and that I needed to join the site in order to get that message.

I made a huge mistake by believing any such message existed and that joining the site for what I thought was a trial membership would get me to the message.  NO MESSAGE EXISTEDthey used the internet somehow to make contact and then draw me in to their scheme to get my information so they could charge me $299.76.  When I realized this was a scheme I immediately cancelled my membership but by then they had what they wanted and accomplished their intent.  My money, my credit card information and whatever else they were able to get by their devious methods

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/09/2010 10:55 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Speeddatingcom/internet/Speeddatingcom-Used-my-email-account-in-fraudulent-manner-by-saying-I-had-a-message-from-612103. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Speeddating.com