Complaint Review: Speedway Coin Laundry

• Updated: Mon, June 04, 2012

• Reported By: cgray9 — Austin Texas United States of America
Speedway Coin Laundry
3707 Speedway Austin, Texas United States of America

Speedway Coin Laundry Babu Mohmad, Speedway Grocery and Coin Laundry Laundry Service Destroyed $500 of clothes with no compensation Austin, Texas

My clothes were burned badly by malfunctioning drier. Owner refuses to compensate.

I went to Speedway Coin Laundry to wash clothes on Saturday June 2, 2012. After washing a load of clothes I put them in a drier for 20 minutes. About 15 minutes in I smelled something burning, so I checked my clothes and the entire load was burnt and smoke was coming from the drier. This place could have burned down if I would have left to run errands. This drier literally burned all of my dark clothes and am a college student.

Once my clothes cooled down I took them out and went to show them to the sale associate that worked there and he told me to see the manager when he comes by later Saturday evening. I asked for the managers number to contact him about what just happened, but he would not give me his number. So I stopped by again that evening the manager was not there and I was told he would be back Sunday, June 3, 2012, evening. [continued below]....
.....

I stopped by again June 3, 2012 in the evening and the manager still was not there. I felt like he was avoiding me. I stopped by again for a third time Monday June 4, 2012 and the manager Babu Mohmad was there. I calmly explained my situation that one of his driers was malfunctioning and damaged my clothes by burning them. He said there was nothing he could do because it was not the day of. He told me to leave and pushed me out of his way.

In summary I attempted to contact the manager, Babu Mohmad, 4 times. It took 3 days for me to reach him and when I did all Babu said he would not compensate me because it had happened 3 day ago. Beware of this grocery store and laundry mat the owner is a jerk and not responsible for his own business.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/04/2012 06:19 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Speedway-Coin-Laundry/Austin-Texas-78705/Speedway-Coin-Laundry-Babu-Mohmad-Speedway-Grocery-and-Coin-Laundry-Laundry-Service-Destr-892935. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Speedway Coin Laundry