Complaint Review: Speedy Transmission

• Updated: Wed, February 20, 2013

• Reported By: mc855 — Knoxville Tennessee United States of America
Speedy Transmission
418 S Northshore Dr Knoxville, Tennessee United States of America

Speedy Transmission Calvin Said diagnoses was free, then charged me 941.00 and kept my vehicle in a bobbed-wired fence Knoxville, Tennessee

First off the truck was driven to the original destination, then towed to Speedy Transmission of Knoxville and after a series of phone conversations where Calvin told me they could only diagnose the transmission if they pulled it and dismantled it.  Nothing monetary was discussed other than what a full rebuild would cost which was $1080.00, and could turn into more if "hard parts" were needed. In other words, anything other than a standard rebuild kit... low and behold, after it was taken apart the quote was at $2200.00 at which point I decided to sell the vehicle, bad trans and all. At this point I was informed that I owed Calvin (owner) at Speedy Transmission of Knoxville $941.0 and now my truck would not even move under it's own power. Not only that, but they broke my exhaust pipe. I have since found that there have been many people ripped-off from this individual in particular. I've done some investigation and found that out of 4 other transmission shops in the area, his is the only one with barbed-wire around the property, though Budget Transmission is only a few hundred yards up the road and is a wide open lot. This leads one to believe that it is standard practice to hold vehicles hostage. I'm not ignorant at all to vehicles and the workings there of, and I thought I knew enough not to get taken, but this guy totally shuns the law and certainly ethics. He is aging and it's obvious, in my opinion that he is looking at retirement with total disregard for anything remotely akin to ethics.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/20/2013 08:49 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Speedy-Transmission/Knoxville-Tennessee-37919/Speedy-Transmission-Calvin-Said-diagnoses-was-free-then-charged-me-94100-and-kept-my-ve-1017713. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Speedy Transmission