Complaint Review: Spherion Staffing

• Submitted: Wed, October 01, 2008
  • Updated: Thu, February 17, 2011

• Reported By:Crestline Ohio
Spherion Staffing
Crossroads Blvd. Bucyrus, Ohio U.S.A.

Spherion Staffing temp agencies Bucyrus OhioBucyrus Ohio

*UPDATE Employee: Company Policy

Let me start with my first experience with Spherion Staffing... I went into their Mansfield office to fill out applications. They told me that they were not interested in my application because I hadn't worked in over 6 months. I expressed to them that this was the reason why I was even considering going through a temp service because I hadn't been able to find any work on my own. After leaving their office, I went to Crawford County Jobs Plus to fill out applications. I filled out many, and included in those was one for I B Tech. I got the call from I B Tech to start the application process. When I got to IB Tech, I found out that I was going to be working through Spherion.... AFTER they had previously told me that they were not interested in my application.

Anyways, I began working for IB Tech. The work there was okay and I was satisfied with my schedule (Monday and Friday only from 6am to 230pm). I received a call from Spherion on a Tuesday and they wanted me to come in to work. I told Erin that I had a dentist appointment that morning at 10am. She basically begged me to cancel my dentist appointment!! After about half an hour of trying to negotiate with her, I finally broke down and canceled my appointment to go to work.

Spherion Staffing was the first temp service I have ever worked for and it will definitely be the last.

Autumns_mom
Crestline, Ohio

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/01/2008 07:25 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Spherion-Staffing/Bucyrus-Ohio/Spherion-Staffing-temp-agencies-Bucyrus-OhioBucyrus-Ohio-377546. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Spherion Staffing

Company Policy

AUTHOR: Nemodius - (United States of America)

Much like many other companies, there is a very strict attendance policy involved. Spherion's attendance policy is actually less strict than the actual IB-Tech Policy. Anything less than bereavement of an immediate family member, and subpoena in regards to another (not self, ie. Traffic Court,) is not an excusable absence. Doctor's Appointments, Traffic Court (speeding ticket/parking violation,) and the like are also not excused. Violation of this policy result in the form of a point system. Once a certain amount of points are accumulated, the person in question is subject to dismissal. This Erin person at Mid-Ohio Spherion was probably thinking of your best interests. There is a bit more strict attendance policy during your introductory period, usually the first 60-90 days of employment. Also a note about Spherion Staffing Mansfield and Mid-Ohio Spherion Bucyrus. Their partnership is somewhat like the Army and Navy, they're the same... but different. They even have two different websites. If you apply at one, the other has no idea who you are (they don't even have access to your records, vice versa.) Telocity/I-Force Mansfield and I-Force Services Marion have a similar relationship to one another. As a note, I don't like temp services but Mid-Ohio Spherion would have to be the best I've ever worked for.

oclock