Complaint Review: Spiegal

• Updated: Mon, May 16, 2011

• Reported By: judy — sf California United States of America
Spiegal
PO Box 182273 Columbus, Ohio United States of America

Spiegal Newport News Over 2 months, still no refund on my returned merchandise, constant phone calls to Spiegal asking them when I will get my $$ back! Columbus, Ohio

After speaking with several people over the last several weeks. I decided I just need to get to the highest level department to complain about my refund still unpaid. Here is what everyone can do. Call Spiegal at 1-800-462-4789, ask to be put through to the Accounts Specialist Dept. They will tell you they are very busy and they probably will not be able to get through. Ignore what they say, be patient, no name calling.

When you get to the Accounts Specialist Dept. please ask for Earl Johnson. Earl is a Services Supervisor. His Spiegal # is #70437. I don't know what that means but he gave it to me anyway. Tell him you would like to know the status of your refund. Tell him you want it now. Tell him how long you've waited. I pushed him as hard as I could nicely to get my $$ back. I asked him how he would like to have to sit and wait while some company had been holding his $$ for 2 months. He said he wouldn't be very happy either. He sounded very nervous at this point. Let him answer you, allow long pauses whenever possible.

Then give him your name and phone # and ask him to contact you as soon as he knows when your $$ will be back in your account. He will put you on his board and tell you he will call you the moment he knows. Yes, I am harassing him, yes this has been some work, but I for one will fight to the finish. You should call Earl too. If enough of us keep calling Earl perhaps he will get sick of us and pay us. Come on you guys, stick up for yourself, don't give up without a fight. Poor Earl, he seemed like such a nice guy too.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/16/2011 01:13 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Spiegal/Columbus-Ohio-43218-227/Spiegal-Newport-News-Over-2-months-still-no-refund-on-my-returned-merchandise-constant-p-729907. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Spiegal