justified

• Submitted: Sun, July 20, 2003
  • Updated: Sun, July 20, 2003

• Reported By:marietta Georgia
Spiegel Card Processing Center
Spiegel.com Beaverton, Oregon U.S.A.

Spiegel/FCNB's Card Processing Center Charged late fee BEFORE my closing date! Beaverton Oregon

This is so bad, it's almost funny.

I sent my last check June 26th. My closing date was July 9! Now, how can a bill mailed two weeks early NOT get there on time? My check wasn't cashed until July 19 & my latest bill received yesterday shows I've been charged a late fee.

I was fuming tonight as I wrote their new Card Processing Center in Bethpage, NY to contest this charge. GET THIS: My bill shows that the late fee was charged to my account on July 5 when my closing date was July 9!!! A little eager, aren't we?

Along with my complaint, I'm including a copy of my letter to Spiegel & bill with the late fee to the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency in Houston. I suggest everyone do the same.

What Spiegel/FCNB is doing is nothing but racketeering. Not only will I never buy anything from them again, but I will watch carefully how they "re-organize" their companies so that I can avoid any other re-named businesses they begin.

I don't want to do business with a company who pads my bill with false charges, then provides no telephone number (other than a cheap, rude automated info number) where their customers can speak to a customer service rep. Every reputable company has that service. In the future, I'll be more careful.

Pat
Kennesaw, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/20/2003 10:03 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Spiegel-Card-Processing-Center/Beaverton-Oregon/SpiegelFCNBs-Card-Processing-Center-Charged-late-fee-BEFORE-my-closing-date-Beaverton-O-64205. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Spiegel Card Processing Center