Complaint Review: Spiegel / FCNB Master Card

• Submitted: Mon, July 07, 2003
  • Updated: Mon, July 07, 2003

• Reported By:Columbia Missouri
Spiegel / FCNB Master Card
P.O. Box 9204 Old Bethpage, New York U.S.A.

Spiegel / FCNB Master Card ripoff Over the limit fees assessed wrongly, ripped off and scammed, Can't contact by phone Old Bethpage New York

I had a Spiegel Charge card with a low limit, Spiegel contacted me by mail with a "new" Spiegel / Master card with a high limit of credit.

I made 1 charge for something just over 200.00 and then tried to use the master card again and it was declined.
I returned home and called the 1-800 number on the back of my card and found out the merging of Spiegel / Master card didn't work out and therefore I had no master card account. Which was fine with me didn't really need another credit card anyway.

On receiving my 1st bill for the 1 charge I made it said my credit limit was $ 0 and therefore the 1 charge I made put the card over the limit of a $ 0 limit, and they charged me $ 39.00 over the limit fee.
They have charged it to me each month as well. When I wasn't over the limit at the time the 1 ( one ) charge was made only when they took my credit limit to $ 0!!

I contacted Spiegel and they said I could NOT contact FCNB bank by phone since it wasn't a charge card any longer. All contact had to be made by mail. She was sure if I wrote to them about the fees that are not my fault for being over the limit since the merger didn't go through would be credited to me.

I received a letter from "card processing Center " today saying " they fee(s) and terms were disclosed to me and their records indicate that the fee (s) are assessed with in my FCNB credit card account agreement. Therefore they are unable to credit my account the fee (s) in question.

WHAT AN OUTRAGE !! Their deals don't work out and they take back a card they sent me without asking and I make 1 charge and now I have to pay fees of 39.00 a month until I pay it off.

I know it isn't a lot of money but even 200.00 dollars is a lot to me. If I had the 200.00 in the 1st place I wouldn't have charged the one charge I made!!

I called regarding this letter and they say I can only WRITE to them and still question these charges!!
That is CRAP!! they are taking my money which I work hard to have.

I will never use a Spiegel or master card again !!

Rachelle
Columbia, Missouri

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/07/2003 03:52 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Spiegel-FCNB-Master-Card/Old-Bethpage-New-York-11804/Spiegel-FCNB-Master-Card-ripoff-Over-the-limit-fees-assessed-wrongly-ripped-off-and-sca-62938. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Spiegel / FCNB Master Card