• Report: #92097

• Submitted: Wed, May 19, 2004
  • Updated: Wed, May 19, 2004

• Reported By:Aurora Colorado
Spiegel FNCB
Po Box 9204 Old Bethpage, New York U.S.A.

Spiegel FNCB ripoff, fraudulent billing, no billing statements, rude, unhelpful, different answers from different people at the same company Old Bethpage New York

This company is the worst ever. It covers Spiegel and Eddie Bauer and a couple of other businesses. They are unwilling to work with you.

I closed my account with them and the final payment was due upon receipt. I mailed the final payment in and then received a call from them 4 months later telling them I owed over a hundred dollars. They said that my final payment was late, although there was not a date that it was due to the company. It was due upon receipt. So they had charged me a late fee on the final payment and then late fees on the late fee.

They never sent me any bills or ever contacted me until 4 months later. I made formal complaint to the companies and the Credit burea, and was told to pay the amount that was told to me after 4 months. I was told by FNCB that while they were looking into my complaint they would not be charging anything else to my account. It was all lies. After paying the $100 dollar amount I was still still being charged late fees avery month for the late fees I was originally charged.

I didn't hear anything from them for about 6 months and then all of a sudden I got a letter in the mail to do a settlement with them. By this time I was so tired of them that I payed the settlement only to receive more bills and notices that I still owed them money and they were still giving me late fees every month.

Every time I call, they are rude, they hang up on me, they tell me somehting different then what the person before told me. They refuse to tell me the amount I owe in total and why I owe that much. They won't give me a straight answer and the past three months they have given me three different amounts that were owed and none of it makes sense. When I point that out they hang up.

Rose
Aurora, Colorado

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/19/2004 08:46 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Spiegel-FNCB/Old-Bethpage-New-York-11804/Spiegel-FNCB-ripoff-fraudulent-billing-no-billing-statements-rude-unhelpful-different-92097. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Spiegel FNCB