Complaint Review: Spiegel - Newport News - First Consumer National Bank

• Submitted: Tue, July 22, 2003
  • Updated: Tue, July 22, 2003

• Reported By:Waukegan Illinois
Spiegel - Newport News - First Consumer National Bank
9300 SW Gemini Dr Beaverton, Oregon U.S.A.

Spiegel Newport News First Consumer National Bank outlandish ripoff late fees never been late before can't even get CSR on phone Beaverton Oregon

I am very disappointed in Spiegel's and they way that they have conducted there business. I have had this account for about 5 years. I have been paying First Consumer National Bank (FCNB). This is the company that my statement was coming from. I had no prior payment problem.

Now that my account is being handled by some Card Processing Center with a P.O. Box in Hicksville, NY.; I am getting late fees.

I do not appreciate this. My card is no longer active on there part, and Spiegel's is still sending me there catalog. For what? They have closed my account.

If FCNB cannot find a better processing company,I shouldn't have to pay for there problem or mistake. My payment's have not been late before and it's not my problem if this company cannot process any faster.

The last payment I sent took 21 days for it to hit my bank account. I don't believe it is the post office. The rest of the bills I mailed had cleared my bank, and some of these I didn't mail for about 5-7 days after I mailed my Spiegel's bill and it still had not cleared.

I tried calling there customer service 4 times. The first time was when I got notice of problems with the company. The wait time for a CSR was 60 minutes. The second time there was no CSR at all and the only thing you could do was listen to the voice menu, about balance, payment or write in for anything else, it provided you with an address. The third time, it gave me a new phone number that was not an 800 number, making this a long distance call. The fourth time I called the (516) area code and received a voice message once again, not being able to speak with anyone.

I decided to write them a nasty letter, but this website is better

Thelma
Waukegan, Illinois

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/22/2003 02:28 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Spiegel-Newport-News-First-Consumer-National-Bank/Beaverton-Oregon-97008/Spiegel-Newport-News-First-Consumer-National-Bank-outlandish-ripoff-late-fees-never-been-l-64393. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Spiegel - Newport News - First Consumer National Bank