Complaint Review: Spiegel.com

• Submitted: Wed, September 12, 2012
  • Updated: Wed, September 12, 2012

• Reported By: Faith — Salado Texas United States of America
Spiegel.com

Spiegel.com - World Financial Network Bank Unauthorized magazine subscription charges to Spiegel account Internet

I had not used my Spiegel credit card for at least two years so I knew I had no bill to pay. I received a phone call saying I had a past due amount. I found out at that time I had a charge from Vogue magazine for a subscription that they say I authorized. I owed for the subscription and one late charge. I refused to pay.

I called Vogue and had to speak to the manager. They agreed to credit me the amount on my Spiegel account. One week later I received a second call from Spiegel to tell me I now have two late charges on my bill. I informed them there is a bill discrepancy and I had talked to Vogue.

It has now been almost 3 weeks since I talked to Vogue and the credit has not shown up on my Spiegel account. I called Vogue and they said they had processed part of the refund to my Spiegel account, but it takes a while to show up...3 weeks is where I am at waiting for it to show up.

I was informed by my credit monitoring agency that someone has put late payments on my credit report, which is a pristine account. I must now call Spiegel again and argue with them about the two late charges that are showing on my bill. All of this and I never even authorized the charge.

Please beware of this scheme, all I can think of was that there was a little box that I should have unchecked when I ordered from Spiegel, and put it on my Visa account, that I had to uncheck to refuse the free magazine and if I didn't I would get the free magazine and the renewal subscription would be charged to my Spiegel account.  This is the only thing I can figure out that may have happened.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/12/2012 08:52 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Spiegelcom/internet/Spiegelcom-World-Financial-Network-Bank-Unauthorized-magazine-subscription-charges-to-S-940020. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Spiegel.com