Complaint Review: Spin Office Solutions, Inc.

• Submitted: Thu, November 15, 2012
  • Updated: Thu, November 15, 2012

• Reported By: Rita — Bangor Maine United States of America
Spin Office Solutions, Inc.
1205 Brown Street Paducah, Kentucky United States of America

Spin Office Solutions, Inc. Invoice was 10x amount supposed to be! Paducah, Kentucky

*Consumer Comment: Common Scam..

On October 16th, I was contacted by a woman that claimed her dad was a client of ours and was given my name by one of our higher ups.She called us both by name.

Now, i have my own office suppliers but figured i was doing one of our clients a favor by helping out his daughter. She claimed that she was currently closing her office supply store and moving back to Kentucky and that she would give me a really good deal on the supplies i use the most and she named them right off. It was approximately 4 small boxes ( pens, highlighters, staples, and posted notes). I put some of the supplies out but kept most boxed as with this other person that filed a complaint, it just didn't feel right. Oh, she was also going to throw in a cross pen and 2 burgundy tape dispensers at no charge so that she could get rid of them as they were the only ones she had left.

I got the bill 2 days ago, by UPS, which i thought strange. I opened it and almost fell over! The bill should have been a bit over $500.00, this bill was almost $6,000.00! The amounts that we had agreed upon were there but instead of a box of pens they charged me per pen and so forth! That took me awhile to figure out.

I called this morning and left a message telling them that there was a grievous error on the bill and asked they please call back as soon as possible. I received a phone call from a man claiming to be their attorney. He said the lady that i had spoken with had gotten into a car accident and was in the hospital.

I explained what i was calling about. He stopped me during my explanation and said that 2 things had gone wrong: 1- they had charged me for shipping and 2 - that he was authorized to cut the bill down to 2,000.00. No way i replied! No one in this position of ordering office supplies would ever pay that amount for what i had got! He asked how much should the bill be do you think? I said between $400 - $500. I said if you want an exact amount, I will figure it up with the amounts the lady and i had agreed on, would he call me back in about a half hour? Yes, he said. That was over 7 hours and i have not received a return phone call.

I like the other woman that filed a report don't usually take calls like this but since she referred to both of us by name I thought it would work out.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/15/2012 02:23 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Spin-Office-Solutions-Inc/Paducah-Kentucky-42001/Spin-Office-Solutions-Inc-Invoice-was-10x-amount-supposed-to-be-Paducah-Kentucky-969779. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Spin Office Solutions, Inc.

Common Scam..

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

This is a very common scam and most likely they got your name from either your web site or other public sources.  You can look at the following link from the FTC.  If by chance it is redacted you can just search for "FTC Office Supply Scam" to find it.

Look specifically at the section entitled "Protect your Organization".  If this matches your situation, you not only may be able to keep the items, but not have to pay them a single cent.  Where they can't do a thing about it.  Then if they continue to threaten you, you could just refer them to the same link and let them know that you are forwarding all of your information to the FTC.