Complaint Review: Spinnaker Resort

• Updated: Mon, September 10, 2012

• Reported By: Velma — St. Louis Missouri United States of America
Spinnaker Resort
3 DeAllyon Ave Hilton Head Inland, South Carolina United States of America

Spinnaker Resort John Cabaniss threatened me twice, once with a $2,000,000 lawsuit, for slander an libel after they scammed me and I filed a ripoff report against them Hilton Head Inland, South Carolina

On June 22,2012 I attended an "owner update."  I did upgrade my membership.  Within a week I discovered I had been severely scammed and took steps to get my money back and break the new contract.

I contacted the BBB and the Attorney General of Missouri.  On July 30 my money was refunded to my cards, but I was not notified.

July 30 my son did email Mr. Cabaniss that he understood Spinnaker had some shady business practices, and he as an IT man would make sure their company practices woud be known on the web.  Mr. Cabaniss emailed back to my son that the money was refunded and contract canceled.

I, still having no knowledge of the refund or cancellation, filed,  on my own, a strong report against Spinnaker on ripoff and scambook.   Mr. Cabaniss emailed my son threatening him and me with a $2,000,000 lawsuit for slander and libel (I guess he saw or heard about my ripoff and scambook reports).  On August 8 Mr. Cabaniss finally emailed me telling me about the refund and cancellation and also said in his email that I had begun a slanderous campaign against Spinnaker Resorts and  I would be hearing form Spinnaker's legal counsel.   So far no legal counsel has contacted me.   I now look into my rights.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/10/2012 01:17 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Spinnaker-Resort/Hilton-Head-Inland-South-Carolina-29938/Spinnaker-Resort-John-Cabaniss-threatened-me-twice-once-with-a-2000000-lawsuit-for-939129. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Spinnaker Resort