Complaint Review: Spinnaker Resorts

• Updated: Fri, May 09, 2014

• Reported By: DeceAmber — Charlotte North Carolina
Spinnaker Resorts
Nationwide USA

Spinnaker Resorts Resort Sales SP Hilton Head ISCHilton Head Resort Sales Not Refunding Money After Cancelling Contract Hilton Head Nationwide

Signed a contract for a time share with Spinnaker Resorts on Hilton Head on Apr. 14, 2014.  After reading all the bad things and BBB info (F rating), we decided to cancel our contract per their stated process.  Sent letter and all sales material back to them on Apr. 15, 2014.  Received a letter stating our contract is cancelled but they didn't receive sales doc's so they are keeping $100.  I called and received a call back the next day (the 17th?) and was told that the wrong letter was printed and they did receive the sales doc's (noted in our account) and because it was a debit card transaction it takes a few more days to see the refund, but I should see that hit the bank by April 28th.  Because of Easter, I gave them an extra week.

It is now May 9th, and I still have not received my refund!!!  I just submitted a claim with my bank.  This only confirms the decision we made to cancel the  the contract was the right one!!!!!!!!!!!

Flat out, Spinnaker is not an honest and reputable company to do business with!!  (This complaint only scratches the surface of our issues, but cuts the deepest becasue it is our money.)  I do have to laugh because when I spoke , to the rep who called me, he gave me some crap that the BBB rating are not accurate and companies pay to have good ratings. WHAT?

Thanks,
DeceAmber

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/09/2014 06:01 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Spinnaker-Resorts/nationwide/Spinnaker-Resorts-Resort-Sales-SP-Hilton-Head-ISCHilton-Head-Resort-Sales-Not-Refunding-M-1145267. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Spinnaker Resorts