• Report: #319130

• Submitted: Tue, March 18, 2008
  • Updated: Tue, March 18, 2008

• Reported By:Boca Raton Florida
Spirit Air
2800 Executive Way Miramar, Florida U.S.A.

Spirit Air Spiritair put an unauthorized lock on my debit card for $3304 and wouldn't help me! Miramar Florida

On Mar 17, 2008 I tried to buy 4 tickets from FLL to LAX.

I kept on getting errors saying my card was declined, so i tried my wife's card and it was declined. So I called the bank, they said everything was fine and i tried again.

After 4 unsuccessful tries i called their 800# and they took the reservation over the phone.

Well, today - i got a call from my bank, saying that i was overdrawn by more than $3000. What happened was, Spiritair kept on putting a hold on my cc, even though they said the card wasn't going through.

By the time i realized what had happened, i bounced 4 checks at a cost of $120 - not to mention the embarrassment when they are returned!!!

I tried to contact Spiritair and got a supervisor Nathan ...who wouldn't do a single thing for me except to say the "hold" will be removed within 48 hours! That is 48 hours that my account is overdrawn because of SPiritair and they wouldn't even apologize - let alone trying to compensate me for the cost of their error.

Spiritair has the worst customer service of any airline!

Boca Raton, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/18/2008 05:42 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Spirit-Air/Miramar-Florida-33025/Spirit-Air-Spiritair-put-an-unauthorized-lock-on-my-debit-card-for-3304-and-wouldnt-help-319130. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Spirit Air