Complaint Review: Spirit Airline

• Reported By: Unhappy — Woodbine New Jersey United States of America
Spirit Airline
2800 Executive Way Miramar, FL 33025 Miramar, Florida United States of America

Spirit Airline Free tickets that aren't free Miramar, Florida

On Nov. 28, 2011 Spirit Airline called to tell me that my flight for 11/30/2011 AM had been changed due to using a smaller airplane to either 11/29/2011 PM or 11/30/2011 PM  I explained that neither of these flights were good for me because of reservations and I was informed that I had to pick one or the other as I no longer had a flight for 11/20/2011 AM.  Upon choosing the 11/30/2011 PM flight I was told by Spirit that we (there were 3 of us flying) would all receive free flights that were good for 1 year but that we had to book it within 60 days.  I asked if these flights were good for anywhere anytime and the response was yes anywhere Spirit flies.

I tried on at least 3 different occasions to  book flights but I was told that these dates were not available for free flights.  Then finally picking dates to try and get the tickets booked I was told that I would have to pay the taxes on these flights.  I was online at the time and had already pulled up the dates to check on availability and they were charging more tax for the free flight then if I had booked on line.  Spirit is a very deceitful company.

I said to the customer service (dictators) that originally I was told that I could fly anytime anywhere and I questioned if that was just a come on the customer service person answered that is correct.  I did not use the "free tickets"  they weren't free.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/24/2012 12:14 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Spirit-Airline/Miramar-Florida-33025/Spirit-Airline-Free-tickets-that-arent-free-Miramar-Florida-844076. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Spirit Airline