Complaint Review: Spirit Airlines - Miss Yarenia Landau

• Updated: Thu, October 23, 2008

• Reported By:Boston Massachusetts
Spirit Airlines - Miss Yarenia Landau
Miramar, Florida U.S.A.

Spirit Airlines - Miss Yarenia Landau no customer services whatsoever Miss landau likes to alarm people falsely. Miramar Florida

*Author of original report: Airline Employee trying to act as a consumer

*Consumer Comment: This report seems suspect

Taking a flight from Cancun to Boston with a layover in Ft Lauderdale, I arrived in Cancun International Airport and was returning a car rental. This took longer then I anticipated and got to the terminal 65 minutes before my flight. I could not find the Spirit counter and when I finally found it, a few ladies told me that I had just missed the spirit staff by a hair. I immediately rushed looking for the Spirit office. This small woman named Yarenia Landau came out of the office and I told her that I had just missed her, if she could please check me in. Mrs Landau immediately began screaming at me saying that I had missed the flight, and I would have to pay 90 dollars, but that maybe the next flight was sold out. I was also worried about missing my flight from ft Lauderdale to Boston, I couldn't believe it, and she immediately began telling me bad news and screaming at me for being late. Not very good customer services, usually offering a solution is better.

I know that I was late but Miss Landau refused to make an exception and check me in. That is fine but she was being very rude and raising her voice. Then Miss Landau resorted to lying saying that her boss had told her not to check me in. When could he have told her that? Then I went in looking for her boss, he was another man sitting in his desk and also began screaming at me and blaming me for being late. I explained that I understood I was late but I needed them to give me a solution to my problem, and stop blaming me. The supervisor guy understood that blaming me was not solving my problem and he asked Miss Landau to take me to the counter and see if a next flight would be available for me. This woman did it but was not being nice about it. She was making faces and noises. 45 minutes till my flight took off, she could have still checked me in. considering I wasn't even checking a bag, I only had a small carry on.

Instead she charged me 90 USD and was able to squeeze me in the next flight, which was in time to catch my connecting flight to Boston, this flight had plenty of seats so her telling me that it may be full was very scary, and she didn't even know how many seats where available. I blame myself for being late but blame the staff for having bad customer services skills, and for lacking common sense. Also the way this woman spoke to me screaming about the 90dollars, saying the next flight was full, and giving me a lot of negative comments just really alarmed me.

Sure they are economic airfares but is it worth all the hassle?

Boston gal
Boston, Massachusetts

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/03/2008 12:41 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Spirit-Airlines-Miss-Yarenia-Landau/Miramar-Florida/Spirit-Airlines-Miss-Yarenia-Landau-no-customer-services-whatsoever-Miss-landau-likes-t-369386. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Spirit Airlines - Miss Yarenia Landau

Airline Employee trying to act as a consumer

AUTHOR: Boston gal - (U.S.A.)

I am sorry that you do not believe my story. I definately understand that the computer system would not allow the airline staff to check me in, and if that was the case that would have been a great explanation. This lady came out and was rude right away weather you believe it or not and that is why I am alerting other flyers. All she did was scare me and seemed to get off on the fact that i had lost my flight. In my story i clearly explain that i knew i was late and am not blaming anybody for that. i did not appreciate her threatening me with the possiblity that the next flight was full when she did not even know. I have also flown for many years and understand that there are very nice people out there. I wish you would have read my story twice before you jumped into acting as a critic. I am even wondering if you are an employee of spirit yourself?

This report seems suspect

AUTHOR: Anonymous - (U.S.A.)

I have traveled by air since the late 60s and I have never seen or heard of a CSA flying off the handle like that with zero provocation. More often than not, they're the ones holding their tongues while consumers lash at them. You have not provided a single reason why someone would be upset with you. Just about every flight has people arriving late, why would you be singled out?

You also may not be aware but airlines have cutoff times for checking in order to get flights off on time. If you get there within x minutes of a flight, you're not getting on. I've had computers lock me out because I had checked baggage and arrived too late - even though I was sure I could make the flight. The agents were unable to override. Spirit was within their rights to not let you on the flight because you arrived late and I'm very skeptical on the portrayal of this suddenly out of control agent.

Sorry, but I don't buy this one.