Complaint Review: Spirit Airlines

• Updated: Wed, August 06, 2014

• Reported By: Rashid — Plano Texas
Spirit Airlines

Spirit Airlines $9 Fare Club Rip-Off MIRAMAR Florida

My CC has been recently charged for $69.95 for Spirit Airlines $9 Fare club. I strongly believe that it is a complete ripoff.

Here is why i think it is a ripoff:

1. No email sent before the upcoming renewal

2. the fare club memebership keeps going up every year.

3. Here is my biggest compaint: There is no 'Cancellation of Renewal' option on the website. You can ONLY cancel the membership that means you are no longer entitled to the club benefits, EVEN THOUGH YOU HAVE ALREADY PAID MONEY till next renewal. Like in my case, as soon as I found out about the charge, my natural reaction was to opt out of the auto-renewal. I could not wait till the next renwal because I knew that I was going to forget about that again, like many others. Now even I have already paid for the next year, I cannot reap the benefits of the membership and this part is really a RIPOFF & a SCAM. I like to know how much revenue Spirit Airlines is making because of the fare club SCAM.

I strongly believe that someone out there can help the victims of this Spirit's shady practice. Spirit cannot just ripoff and get away with that.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/06/2014 06:51 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Spirit-Airlines/-MIRAMAR-Florida-33025/Spirit-Airlines-9-Fare-Club-Rip-Off-MIRAMAR-Florida-1167741. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Spirit Airlines