Complaint Review: Spirit Airlines

• Updated: Sun, July 10, 2011

• Reported By: Godsincontrol — West Palm Florida United States of America
Spirit Airlines
30588 Automation Dr. Clinton Township, Michigan United States of America

Spirit Airlines Hidden rules, nickle & dime you, rip-offs, chabby planes, broken seats, mean employees, zero customer respect 30588 Automation Dr. Clinton Township, Michigan

Most all plane companies allow you to travel with 50 pounds or less in your suitcase and no charge for 2 bags for international flights. I did not find out Spirits restrictions on luggage weight is 40 pounds until I put my bags on their scales and was charged $25 more per bag in addition to the $30 I was already paying for said bag. Between three checked bags and three carry on's my cost to just ship my luggage was $255.......are you serious??? They are also VERY restrictive on what "they" call a personal bag and was charged an additional $30 for a personal bag because "they" considered it a carry on. Once on the plane you have to pay for everything and I do mean everything.

I'm surprised there wasn't a charge for using their disgusting smelly on board bathrooms too. They don't enforce having your seats in a upright position upon take off and landing because half the seats are broken either in the down or up position which makes getting in and out of the seats a real joy. I was traveling with my two young sons and this running back an forth to the check in line to pay for all the "extra" baggage charges in addition to the charges themselves was a nightmare and caused much extra stress I would not have had if I would have been flying with another more respectful airline company. I have a return ticket I still have to use and after that I will NEVER ever fly with Spirit aniline again. I promise. I'd rather take a train or bus......A real rip off, fly by night, pun intended company.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/09/2011 11:13 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Spirit-Airlines/30588-Automation-Dr-Clinton-Township-Michigan-40835/Spirit-Airlines-Hidden-rules-nickle-dime-you-rip-offs-chabby-planes-broken-seats-m-751207. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Spirit Airlines