Complaint Review: Spirit Airlines

• Reported By: Leanna — Delta Colorado United States of America
Spirit Airlines
2800 Executive Way Miami, Florida United States of America

Spirit Airlines undisclosed and outrageous hidden charges Miami, Florida

I booked a ticket on Spirit Airlines DFW to Laguardia for November 16th 2011. At the time of booking I was not informed of any unusual charges. However when I went to check in I was shocked to be hit with the following unexpected and ridiculous charges which are not a part of any other airline that I know of:

$40 for first check-in (more than double that of most airlines) Additional $33 for my carry-on (!!!!!!) $14 seat charge (????!!! so am I supposed to ride on the wing? Sit on the floor?)

Any airline that is going to charge additional for things that are universally included in the fare world over - such as a standard carry-on bag or sitting in an economy-class seat - ought to make these charges known up front and not spring them on us at the time of check-in!

Needless to say I will NEVER fly Spirit airline again and I hope others will be outraged as I at their failure to disclose these charges at the time of purchasing the ticket.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/16/2011 11:07 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Spirit-Airlines/Miami-Florida-33025/Spirit-Airlines-undisclosed-and-outrageous-hidden-charges-Miami-Florida-798623. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Spirit Airlines