Complaint Review: Spirit Airlines

• Submitted: Wed, February 28, 2007
  • Updated: Thu, May 31, 2007

• Reported By:Carmel New York
Spirit Airlines
2800 Executive Way Miramar, Florida U.S.A.

Spirit Air Dishonest Fraudulent Billing Ripoff Miramar Florida

*Consumer Suggestion: Your Mistake, Their Fault?

I booked a flight on Spirit air online. The reservation was made over 3 months in advance. I discovered a few hours (not days) later I had made a mistake. I was 1 day early. I called & spoke to some moron at the 800 #. I was told this was too bad but nothing could be done.

When I asked to speak to a supervisor I was told to hang on. A few min later he returned to tell me he would make the change & he was sorry. As the reservation was being made I was told because of the change in days it would be 15.00 cheaper. I said that will be fine as my credit card has not been charged yet since it was only a few hours ago. I was then told I would have to pay the original price & I would get a voucher for the 15.00 to use within a year.

A was sent an e mail with the amount I was to be charged. It was the same amount as the first confirmation e mail I received. When I got my credit card bill I was charged the higher amount + the 15.00!! When I called the pretty much told me tough shit. This is more about principal than 15.00. For this I will NEVER use this company again.

I urge all to be very careful in book flights with these dishonest pricks. If at all possible avoid them completely.

Bob
Carmel, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/28/2007 09:02 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Spirit-Airlines/Miramar-Florida-33025/Spirit-Air-Dishonest-Fraudulent-Billing-Ripoff-Miramar-Florida-237497. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Spirit Airlines

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Your Mistake, Their Fault?

AUTHOR: Rabbi Jody - (U.S.A.)

You are the typical welfare rat who should be riding the bus. You never take personal responsibility for your own actions. Blame the other person. You make reservations 3 months in advance. You sit on your fat ass collecting your SSI checks and fradulent food stamps and just before departure YOU discover YOUR MISTAKE and yet you have the gall to blame Spirit? Spirt is a 3rd rate airline who deserves passengers such as yourself, but Jesus H. Christ, get a grip on reality.