Complaint Review: Spirit Airlines

• Reported By: Jwerner — Hoffman Estates Illinois
Spirit Airlines
2800 Executive Way Miramar, Florida USA

Spirit Airlines Items stolen from checked bags Miramar Florida

My wife and I took a flight on Spirit Airlines from Ft. Lauderdale, FL to Chicago, IL on 7/28/14. Upon arriving at home, we unpacked our suitcase and noticed that our luggage was opened by someone (as everything was neatly packed when we left Florida) and in disarray. We intially had thought that this was a result of a TSA screening of our check bag, but there was no note in our luggage from the TSA (which they put in a checked bag, if they open it to inspect it).

My wife had two dresses and all of her MAC make-up stolen from our bag, for which the loss exceeds $500.00. I have tried to reach someone at Spirit Airlines to file a complaint, but I can only reach a voicemail and my calls are going unreturned.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/05/2014 09:13 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Spirit-Airlines/Miramar-Florida-33025/Spirit-Airlines-Items-stolen-from-checked-bags-Miramar-Florida-1167505. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Spirit Airlines