Complaint Review: Spirit Airlines

• Updated: Sat, October 08, 2011

• Reported By: Rob — Boca Raton Florida USA
Spirit Airlines
2800 Executive Way Miramar, Florida United States of America

Spirit Airlines Refusal to credit legitimately-earned miles to frequent flyer account Miramar, Florida

I telephoned Spirit Airlines when I noted that they failed to credit me for the miles I accumulated for a recent flight to Detroit. The representative (in India) with whom I spoke was unsympathetic and defensive when I inquired as to why the miles did not appear on my account. He impatiently stated that I did not request the credit early enough, and that they would, therefore, not credit me the miles flown. This flight was taken about 5 weeks ago (not 5 years ago)! Spirit Airlines knows very well that I flew on this flight; they have the confirmation number. Interesting,and slick maneuver on their part, but horrific public relations. For the 1250 miles they saved by denying the credit to my frequent flyer account, they lost a customer!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/08/2011 08:34 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Spirit-Airlines/Miramar-Florida-33025/Spirit-Airlines-Refusal-to-credit-legitimately-earned-miles-to-frequent-flyer-account-Mir-786538. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Spirit Airlines