grown

• Reported By: hymisser — Andover Massachusetts United States of America
Spirit Airlines
2800 Executive Way Miramar, Florida United States of America

Spirit Airlines Spirit Airlines 9 dollar membership fee ripoff Miramar, Florida

Spirit Airlines signed me up for the $9 membership that turned out to be $19.95 for the first six weeks and then $59.95 after the 6 weeks. When I contacted American Express, they were unwilling to help me by removing the charge since I did not authorize the charge in the first place. I then contacted Spirit Airlines and they refused to remove the charge since they stated and insisted that I signed up for the membership fee. First there is no such thing as a $9 membership fee. It's $19.95 and then an additional $59.95 . I will never use Spirit Airlines again.

And even though I cancel my American Express card, a supervisor stated that unless I cancel my unauthorized membership with Spirit Airlines, the charge can be posted on my cancelled account.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/25/2012 08:46 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Spirit-Airlines/Miramar-Florida-33025/Spirit-Airlines-Spirit-Airlines-9-dollar-membership-fee-ripoff-Miramar-Florida-960268. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Spirit Airlines