Complaint Review: Spirit Airlines

• Updated: Sun, June 22, 2014

• Reported By: feeling scammed — Bloomsburg Pennsylvania
Spirit Airlines
Miramar, Florida USA

Spirit Airlines Beware of auto renewal for discount club. Very shady. Miramar Florida

Discount club seems like a good deal but they mask the fact that it will auto renew for $59.95 if you don't cancel. They sent email titled great low fares, as I was not planning a trip I simply deleted the email. They should have titled it as renewal. When I got hit with the charge the first thing I did was cancel it. I tried very hard to contact a human as all their options are automated. After calling back 3 times trying different options I finally got ahold of Lauren who could not help me but transferred me to Maureen. Maureen began every sentence with, "I will make no promises or guarantee s, but I'll see what I can do", which was absolutely nothing. When I asked if it could be discounted or prorated, I was told she could not do that since I was"no longer a member". In the end the $40 I initially saved turned into an additional cost. So, if you do use this service, cancel immediately after use.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/22/2014 02:44 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Spirit-Airlines/Miramar-Florida/Spirit-Airlines-Beware-of-auto-renewal-for-discount-club-Very-shady-Miramar-Florida-1156661. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Spirit Airlines