Complaint Review: Spirit Airlines

• Updated: Fri, May 03, 2013

• Reported By: Bob Rivers — Benicia, California
Spirit Airlines
Executive way, Miramar Florida Miramar, Florida USA

Spirit Airlines Low price Spirit Airlines avoids responsibility for stolen luggage by delayed and denial tactics Miramar Florida

Spirit Airlines refusal to accept responsability or liability for personal effects stolen from luggage while traveling from San Diego to Las Vegas. While traveling on the cheap no frills Airline - Spirit, I checked my luggage because it was $5 cheaper than carry on. When I arrived home at Las Vegas late that night, i dropped my bag and retired. When unpacking later, I notice my bag was ransacked and a video camera, accesories and baseball golve werre stolen.  I conatcted Spirit and was given the runaround on why I hadn't reported it within 4 hours, Blah. blah.  After many more calls, they said I needed to return to the airport to file the claim. I did and then filed a formal stolen luggage report with reciepts, notorized, registered , and signiture required letter.  Add another $45 to my loss.  They responded 45 days later saying that non of the camera equipment is not covered and only the glove would be reinbursed at 10% per annum depreciation. 30 days later I recieved a check for the glove depreciated @ 7.5% per year, 75%. They glove was 3 years old and in mint condition. They increased the depreciation to reduce the compensation.  I appealed 2x's and they rejected it 2x's.  Spirit plays the delay tatic, obstacle placing, policy changing and non customer satisfaction policy game.  I am so discusted with their antics.  No one in my company and family will ever fly spirit again. But I will keep badgering them for a equitable settlement. Boycott Spirit until they get some soul.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/03/2013 10:29 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Spirit-Airlines/Miramar-Florida/Spirit-Airlines-Low-price-Spirit-Airlines-avoids-responsibility-for-stolen-luggage-by-de-1048192. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Spirit Airlines