Complaint Review: Spirit Airlines

Spirit Airlines
Miramar, Florida USA

Spirit Airlines Spirit Steals Money - Avoid At Every Cost Miramar Florida

*Consumer Comment: Every Airline Does That

I receintly purchased a round trip ticket on Spirit Airlines for this past weekend. I was unable to make the departing flight this past Friday and ended up simply purchasing another ticket on Spirit at a much higher price for later in the day. If my story ended here, I would not be writing this report.

Today I attempted to check-in for the return flight for TOMORROW which was fully pre-paid for. Their web site had no record that the reservation ever existed. In fact I had to locate my original confirmation email to make sure I wasn't mistaken.

I ended up calling Sprit on the phone and was informed by the agent that Spirit in fact did delete my reservation. They claimed since I did not take the Friday flight that my return flight was also deleted and they refused to discuss the matter any further. I insisted on speaking to a supervisor and they refused.

Basically I had a paid airline ticket departing tomorrow that Sprit decided they simply don't want to provide the service and keep the money.

I've reported the issue to my credit card company, The Department of Transportation and sent a fax to the CEO of Spirit.

Any reasonable person can see Spirit stole money from me by collecting money for a service and simply refusing to provide the service.

This is an airline that everyone should avoid at all cost. Don't let their artifically low fares drive your decision. This airline is no more than a common crook. Don't get TAKEN by this airline.

Anyone interested in starting a class action against this airline, let me know!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/24/2014 04:26 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Spirit-Airlines/Miramar-Florida/Spirit-Airlines-Spirit-Steals-Money-Avoid-At-Every-Cost-Miramar-Florida-1133295. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Spirit Airlines

Every Airline Does That

AUTHOR: Freq Flyer - ()

I have had similiar issues and according to another airline I was told that when a ticket is purchased as a round trip and you fail to make the first trip without contacting the airline and having everything switched, their computer cancels the return flight because if you never went to the other city you can not fly back.

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC