Complaint Review: Spirit Airlines

• Submitted: Fri, August 05, 2011
  • Updated: Fri, August 05, 2011

• Reported By: Carole — Pembroke Pines Florida United States of America
Spirit Airlines

Spirit Airlines $9.00 club renewal, without notification or authorization Internet

When I opened my American Express bill, there was a charge for $59.95 from Spirit Airlines - Date of departure 12/31 - ticket #TEMHAR.  I checked with AE and they said it appeared to be a membership.

I joined Spirit Airlines $9.00 club sometime ago.  I do not remember when, but I did not join for the rest of my life.  I thought I was joining for one year.

I received no renewal notification or anything that would indicate that I was going to be charged.  I did not authorize this renewal and I do not think they have a right to charge me for something I did not authorize.

If the departure date of 12/31 is when I joined then why am I being billed on 7/28????

On Monday, 8/1, I wrote via e-mail to Spirit and received an automated response.  I wrote again on Wednesday, 8/3 and still have received no response.  I e-mailed them again today.  I tried to call them but got someone in another country, who I could not understand, and when I asked that I be transferred to someone in the US, I was told there was no office in the US, but today I saw on a Ripoff Report that they have corporate offices in Miramar, Fla.

How do you get to them to resolve a problem. This is a very unethical way of doing business, and I would venture to say - not quite on the up and up!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/05/2011 01:43 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Spirit-Airlines/internet/Spirit-Airlines-900-club-renewal-without-notification-or-authorization-Internet-761470. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Spirit Airlines