Complaint Review: Spirit Airlines

• Submitted: Fri, August 17, 2012
  • Updated: Thu, September 13, 2012

• Reported By: David — Plainfield Illinois U.S.A.
Spirit Airlines

Spirit Airlines No warning or opt-out option of auto-renewal and customer service will not refund Internet

*Consumer Comment: Charged today and same thing

Today is August 17th. I happened to check my bank account and notice a charge from Spirit on 8/13 for $59.95 - I dug out my spirit account info and logged in to cancel the membership. The website says no refunds on auto-renewals as I try to cancel.

I called customer service and after explaining that the charge is only 4 days old, they refused to refund the fees. I signed up one time to make one airline ticket purchase. The company failed to notify, warn or provide any heads up whatsoever that the annual renewal period was coming up and that I would be charged again. Had I known from the beginning I would be charged a recurring fee, I would have canceled after making the first airline purchase. Had I been given any notice whatsoever of my renewal period coming up, I would have canceled.

Even though my membership is now prepaid for another year since they will not refund the money, I canceled on principle. I flew Spirit once and will never, ever fly them again. Not only that, I will dispute the charge with my credit card company and make a poignant effort to dissuade anyone and everyone I know from ever flying this shady airline.

If anyone at Spirit reads these RipOff reports and cares enough to correct this, my Free Spirit number is 136444033.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/17/2012 07:25 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Spirit-Airlines/internet/Spirit-Airlines-No-warning-or-opt-out-option-of-auto-renewal-and-customer-service-will-no-928542. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Spirit Airlines

Charged today and same thing

AUTHOR: rjr - (United States of America)

I checked my checking account today and had the samething done. They said they sent an email to warn me a month ago, i have every email they have sent me saved, no warning email among them. They refused to refund, said i had to call yesterday. It may be in the fine print, which of course we all read, but lack of remorse, understanding, and sincerity made it clear i will never ever fly spirit.