Complaint Review: Spirit Airlines

• Updated: Fri, May 11, 2012

• Reported By: REFUND RIPOFF — Mount Pleasant Texas United States of America
Spirit Airlines

Spirit Airlines REFUND RIPOFF Internet

My Husband and I booked a trip to New York in July ($800.00+), in February.

In march we learned that we needed to move a family member from Iowa to Texas which is $600 in gas.  We decided to cancel our New York trip in March.

Sprite airlines took $250 for cancelling the flight, which I understand. That left us $589.20 credit to the airline out of the ($800.00+ fare).

WHAT I DO NOT UNDERSTAND is they want to give us a credit for the airline and give a EXPIRATION DATE on when we have to use it, which was JUNE 2012, a month before the actual trip.  Now HAD THEY given us a a year from cancellation I would not have sent consumer affairs and rip off report a message.

Spirit Airlines will be getting all $800.00 of a trip we will never take. I will warn all people about this when considering booking a flight with Spirit.

Its no wonder the airline is making so much money. WHAT A RIP OFF COMPANY!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/11/2012 07:30 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Spirit-Airlines/internet/Spirit-Airlines-REFUND-RIPOFF-Internet-881262. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Spirit Airlines