Complaint Review: Spirit Airlines

• Submitted: Tue, October 11, 2011
  • Updated: Tue, October 11, 2011

• Reported By: Anonymous — Dallas Texas United States of America
Spirit Airlines

Spirit Airlines Scheduled my travel for the wrong date, broke promises to make it right. Internet

*Author of original report: Update

I scheduled travel with Orbitz using Spirit Airlines as the flight carrier. Due to a change of plans, I had to postpone my trip for a year. I called Spirit I needed to move the flight up to 2012, making sure I mentioned the year multiple times to make sure it was scheduled correctly, and they told me at the time it was all good to go, flight was scheduled.

A little while later I received an email from them with my travel itinerary, with the flights scheduled for 2011. Not cool. So after three calls and multiple conversations with supervisors, they finally admitted their mistake, issued me a travel credit, and told me I could book the flights I wanted in about a month. The travel credit would expire in about two months.

I just got off the phone with them after attempting to schedule my flights for 2012, and now they're telling me there are no flights available. They will not keep their promise to allow me to use my travel credit on the 2012 flights. I requested that they extend my travel credit so I can use it for the flights when they are available to be scheduled, but Spirit has refused. They also refuse to issue me a full refund - even though it was their mistake that caused this whole mess in the first place.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/11/2011 01:48 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Spirit-Airlines/internet/Spirit-Airlines-Scheduled-my-travel-for-the-wrong-date-broke-promises-to-make-it-right-787548. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Spirit Airlines

Update

AUTHOR: BDTR - (United States of America)

I called Spirit again, and the supervisor I talked to was very rude and hung up on me.