Complaint Review: Spirit Airlines

• Submitted: Wed, July 18, 2012
  • Updated: Wed, July 18, 2012

• Reported By: mmdd88 — new york New York United States of America
Spirit Airlines

So, I signed up for the $9 fare club one year and 2 days ago.  Apparently, Spirit Airlines bills you each year "until you cancel".  That is called OPT Out and is very shady business.  They didn't send me any receipt or notification before or after the transaction.

The phone calls get routed to India.  Spirit Airlines doesn't even display a phone # on their website, probably to make it very difficult for us to track these theives down.

So, I tracked down: 800-772-7117 and called them... after a long waits, I get someone on the phone from India who says they don't have anyone in the US to take my call.  She kept saying "I am very sorry" and "this is policy, but we can't refund you... you agreed to the terms and conditions."  I get that.  What I don't get is, why didn't you notify before the transaction occured and why didn't you send me a receipt when the transaction took place?  Probably because you wanted to sneak this one by me, which you were successful at doing.

The first customer service rep told me She would transfer me to a supervisor (eddie or edwin) and told me that I needed to cancel my account, which I did online as she was transferring me.  NOW, GET THIS!  60 Seconds after I cancelled my account on line, and was transferred to the supervisor, he told me that he could not refund me becuase I "cancelled my account online" and since I did that, it was "impossible" for him to refund me.

This is a lucrative business model by some very BAD People called Spirit Airlines.  The government should look into these billings as Deceptive Business Practices.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/18/2012 08:34 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Spirit-Airlines/internet/Spirit-Airlines-WARNING-DO-NOT-SIGN-UP-FOR-THEIR-9-FARE-CLUB-THEY-WILL-STEAL-YOUR-MON-913774. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Spirit Airlines