Complaint Review: Spirit Airlines

• Reported By: Neil — La Mesa California United States of America
Spirit Airlines
2800 Executive Way Internet United States of America

Spirit Airlines is a fraud! Internet

Spirit Airlines is a fraud! Beware of anyone using Spirit Airlines. They could take your money next! We booked a ticket from San Diego to Chicago round trip. We later decided not to go and cancel our reservation. They would take a $230 cancellation fee for 2 people, which I understand. We would have a credit of $352, which I also understand. We cancelled the reservation and they sent us a cancellation email. We read the email and it said they took a $230 cancellation fee pluuuuuuus AN EXTRA $70 SERVICE FEE! It said nothing like that when we were cancelling it!

So they took a $300 cancellation fee instead of a $230 cancellation fee! I called the Spirit Airlines phone number and I talked to a representative. They said they would not give me a refund of the service charge even though it said nothing like that when I cancelled it! I asked him to transfer it to the supervisor and he did. I talked to the supervisor and all she kept saying was "Sorry we can't give you a refund". I told them that I would sue this company if they didn't give me a refund and I hanged up. Later we found out that the $352 was not refunded, it was given as a credit on our Spirit account and I could only use it within 60 days.

Southwest Airlines gives a whole year! Who travels every 60 days? After about 15-20 days I was thinking about going to Chicago again and use that credit. I got a email from Spirit for a $50 OFF coupon. We were checking the fares for it. At night we got an email from Spirit that they booked the ticket! That was just outrageous! We didn't even enter any information and they just booked the ticket without asking us?! Luckily, if you cancel it within 24 hours and 1 week before departure you get a full refund if you call them. I called them and I had to hold for 1 hour and 30 minutes! Finally they answered the phone and they gave me a full refund. Beware of anyone who is flying on Spirit Airlines.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/12/2012 12:21 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Spirit-Airlines/internet/Spirit-Airlines-is-a-fraud-Internet-911076. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Spirit Airlines