Complaint Review: Spirit Airlines

• Updated: Wed, June 18, 2014

• Reported By: disappointed1234 — Mechanicsville Virginia
Spirit Airlines
Nationwide USA

Spirit Airlines Auto renewed $9 Fare Club charge without any notice of renewal and refuse a refund even when called within 30 days Miramar, Florida Nationwide

I signed up for the $9 Fare Club with Spirit Airlines in order to get a lower fare.  The membership is $59.95 per year.  They require you give your credit card and sign up for auto renewals.  They do not give an option to pay for only one year.  When it was time for renewal, they send out no notice that the renewal or charge is about to take place as they are hoping you will forget.   I did forget until I saw it on my credit card bill.  I tried to call, but it's impossible to reach a live person.  I immediately went on their website and sent a message asking that they cancel my membership and refund this year's renewal fee.  They flatly refused and cite the fine print saying I gave permission. They also refuse to cancel for next year saying that I must sign in and cancel on their website.  After getting a new password and signing in, I had so much trouble even finding the location of the place to cancel.  I have dealt with many companies in the past that would auto renew but they all would send a renewal notice and would cancel my membership and refund the membership fee if I called within 30 days of renewal.  I feel Spirit is trying to trick people into auto renewing as they hope people forget, they don't send out a warning notice of the impending charge, then flatly refuse to refund.  Their fares may sometimes be cheap with this level of customer service, buyer beware!  I will use other airlines, even if I have to pay more, in the future.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/18/2014 03:15 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Spirit-Airlines/nationwide/Spirit-Airlines-Auto-renewed-9-Fare-Club-charge-without-any-notice-of-renewal-and-refuse-1155831. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Spirit Airlines