Complaint Review: Spirit Airlline

• Updated: Tue, October 02, 2012

• Reported By: J^B — Dallas Texas United States of America
Spirit Airlline
2800 Executive Way Miramar, Florida United States of America

Spirit Airlline 5 hours DELAYED flight with zero compensation or alternatives. Miramar, Florida

I was catching flight NK146 from Atlanta, GA to Dallas, TX on Saturday September 29 2012. The flight was schedule to leave at 4:25.

The flight got delayed till 8pm that night and we didnt leave till 9ish. I got to Dallas, TX by 11ish.

I missed an engagement that I had to attend.

When I went to the counter by the gate and asked if I can go on another flight (even another carrier). Or get a refund back on my ticket (I was going to buy a one-way ticket from another carrier). Their answer was "No, you need to stay here by the gate and not leave".

So I called "customer service", she kept putting me on hold to ask her manager and comes back with "Im sorry we can't do anything " and "if I didnt board the flight she could have gave me a refund", then the story becomes that I needed to complain to the cooperate office cause she can not give refunds or compensations out.

First if that is truly a customer service, I would think from my previous experience with most airlines, they have the power to issue credits, miles etc...

Second how come at first she was saying if I didnt board the plane she would have gave me a refund and then she said they dont have the power to give any refunds or compensations.
And that I need to mail the cooperate office since there is no actual phone number to call them and complain.

Bottom line if you have something important to attend, choose wisely.

P.S: I've been regularly flying for the past 20 years and I never ever had such a terrible experience with an airline.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/02/2012 03:51 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Spirit-Airlline/Miramar-Florida-33025/Spirit-Airlline-5-hours-DELAYED-flight-with-zero-compensation-or-alternatives-Miramar-F-949892. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Spirit Airlline