Complaint Review: Spirit Financial / Torrence, Ca.

• Submitted: Thu, April 12, 2012
  • Updated: Fri, April 13, 2012

• Reported By: Jo Ann — Klamath Falls Oregon United States of America
Spirit Financial / Torrence, Ca.
2115 S. Western Ave., Torrance, California United States of America

Spirit Financial / Torrence, Ca. Lamont Bogus Loan Modification Promises - These people are apparently cold enough to be praying on good people going through a hard time due to today's economic conditions! Torrance, California

*Consumer Suggestion: Loan Modification Information

*Author of original report: Addition

I was recently contacted by a man by the name of Lamont, claining to represent Spirit Financial Corp.  He said that the business they are in is to act as mediator between people in trouble with thier mortgage & their morgage companies.  He sounded, for all purposes, to be intelligent, charming & genuinely concerned & able to help.   THis company boasts a 98% success rate with such matters as well as a money back guarentee, should they not be able to help you. I was desperate enough to fall for words spoken by a con artist!

I am thankful to my daughter  for pointing me to Ripoff Report.com and to the site itself.   So far, they ONLY have $400 of my money. This is not an affordable loss by any means, but without help, it had the potential to get much worse.  He promised to spread my total pymt. of $995.00 over three months.  BY the time my next PYMT FOR SERVICES  is due, my bank account must be closed & reopened as well as cancellation of my debit card.  They will have no further access to my funds, what's left of them.  Please be more educated than I was before you or your loved ones fall for these people's promices!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/12/2012 04:51 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Spirit-Financial-Torrence-Ca/Torrance-California-90501/Spirit-Financial-Torrence-Ca-Lamont-Bogus-Loan-Modification-Promises-These-people-ar-867765. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Spirit Financial / Torrence, Ca.

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Loan Modification Information

AUTHOR: Dave - (United States of America)

If you are having difficulties with your mortgage payment you should be contacting the lender directly and ask them to send you an application for a loan modification.  If you have an invested loan (backed by Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac) you will be sent a HAMP application.  If your loan is held by the lender they should also have a loan modification program available.

The 3rd party companies out there, even the legal ones really do nothing more than send documents for a fee.  They cannot negotiate anything and are not the ones who make the determination if your modification is approved or even what the terms are.  It is the lenders who review the information your send in (income and expenses) and determine if a person qualifies for a loan modification.

You are lucky to have lost as little as you have as many people lose much more.

Addition

AUTHOR: Jo Ann - (United States of America)

I wish to also let potential victums of Spirit Financial know that when I checked my bank account after the $400.00 was taken out, the transaction was sent to NEW CALEDONIA.  When I asked Lamont why the money went out of the country, he told me it was the name of thier parent company.  When I looked that up thru google, all I got was travel & other info about the So. Pacific island, a French terrirory.  I also wish to add that there ARE companies out there by the name of Spirit Financial that are, as far as I know, ligit businesses & that this report is in no way meant to slander their good names.