Complaint Review: Spirit Incentives

Spirit Incentives
2455 East Sunrise Blvd Fort Lauderdale, Florida United States of America

Spirit Incentives Dates not available-scam Fort Lauderdale, Florida

*Author of original report: Hindsight being 20/20

*Consumer Suggestion: Why Do People Fall For This?

I received an invite to a no-obligation presentation.  I was told that I would be reimbursed for my gas and that I would also receive a complimentary cruise just for attending.  When I called to make the reservation, I asked how long it would be and I was told an hour or two.  This was a blatant lie.  After a tour and explanation of what was being offered, they showed me the price.

I looked at the price and what was being offered and told them that I would need to think it over.  They would not let me leave!  They repearedly hounded me and tried to force me into a deal.  I told them that I do not make major financial deals without serious consideration.  They kept me there almost all day; 7 hours!!  I would have left but then I would have been out the gas I had to use to get there.

After it was all said and done, they gave me a gift card for the gas that did not cover what I had used.  They offered me a piece of paper with a website and a confirmation number on it for the supposed "free cruise."  The lady made me wait a long time to get this and she was kind of short with me as well.

When I contacted the phone number on the paper to see when I would be able to take the cruise, I was told I had to pay over $100 to set it up.  The person also told me that I would have up to a year to set a date when I would actually take the cruise.  I received a confirmation e-mail with a link to the website and the confirmation number that I would need to enter to book my dates.

I went to the website within the one year deadline and tried to book the dates but it gave me an error message telling me that there are not enough dates within the deadline to complete my cruise.  No phone number or e-mail contact was anywhere to be found.  I am now out a bunch of money and I have received no value at all for it.  I do not even know how to contact this company for a refund.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/02/2012 12:50 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Spirit-Incentives/Fort-Lauderdale-Florida-33304/Spirit-Incentives-Dates-not-available-scam-Fort-Lauderdale-Florida-949517. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Spirit Incentives

Hindsight being 20/20

AUTHOR: James - (United States of America)

I understand that perhaps I could have avoided all of this by disregarding the offer.  It is, however, not unreasonable to expect that people will do what they say they are going to do.  I know that some people may scoff at this notion but that attitude is precisely what makes this kind of behavior more common.  I refuse to lower my standards.  I will continue to expect people to make good on their promises and guarantees and call them on it when they fall short.

#2 Consumer Suggestion

Why Do People Fall For This?

AUTHOR: Karl - (U.S.A.)

I cannot understand why people protitute themselves for this ridiculous time share or ;travel club" crap. The "free" cruise is always full when you want to book it. The "free gas" isn't worth your time arguing with a bunch of sales people. If it is a time share it is a historically poor investment anyway at any price and Rip Off Report is full of stories about people who have bought into travel clubs.

When you get an announcement about one of these great "meetings" just toss it in the trash like I do.