Complaint Review: Spirit Incentives

• Submitted: Fri, November 21, 2008
  • Updated: Fri, November 21, 2008

• Reported By:Woodstock Georgia
Spirit Incentives
2455 E. Sunrise Blvd. Suite Mezzanine Ft. Lauderdale, Florida U.S.A.

Spirit Incentives overcharged "free" cruise Ft. Lauderdale Florida

Me and my daughter went to a resort to tour only to be sitting in the lobby for over 3 hours. When i brought it to the resort owners attention, she was very nice and took me to the office and smothered me with FREE gifts. One was a free hotel stay at 5 different locations, we could choose one. We were responsible for only the hotel tax each night and the transportation to and from.

I sent in my three dates, and never heard back from them. When I would call, they told me that they would call when my date was available. I also was given a "FREE" 5 day 4 night cruise. I was to pay a $100.00 good faith deposit and port fees and taxes. I sent in the deposit, gave them my dates, called to check.

15 days before my last chosen date, I called to see why i was not sent a letter and weither they were going to refund my deposit. They got on the computer and pulled up my information and set me the cruise and gave me a total of $374.00. The guy said we would be down on level 2 (which is bad due to the boats motor), but we could up grade to level 6 for $75.00 per person.

I declined and said we would only be in the room to sleep, no big deal. I gave them my credit card information and we went on our cruise, we were actually on level 5, not 2. On our last day of the cruise, my room lady left some paperwork on the bed. One was a total bill for the cruise. It was a total of 553.44.

So basically our "FREE" cruise cost us more than what they had to pay. Had we upgraded, we would have paid for the whole trip. They only paid 175.00 for us to go. I called Spirit Incentives today to see what our 374.00 fees were broken down, they said because we took the cruise in September, they could not pull that information.

So I called royal caribbean and they said they coud give it to me if Spirit Incentives would authorize it, but i would have to get them to give them permission. Which they wouldn't. If you get anything thats "FREE" make sure you get a break down of what your paying and what they're paying, it is totally a rip off...

Woodstock, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/21/2008 02:56 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Spirit-Incentives/Ft-Lauderdale-Florida-33304/Spirit-Incentives-overcharged-free-cruise-Ft-Lauderdale-Florida-393736. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Spirit Incentives