Complaint Review: Spirit airlines

• Reported By: Ty Haynes — Spring Texas United States of America
Spirit airlines
2800 Executive Way Internet United States of America

Spirit airlines Baggage Fee Scam Internet

I am writing to formally express my displeasure with the policies and procedures of Spirit airline.  In addition to an extremely late departure, I feel that I was taken advantage of financially, and fully intend to never utilize the company again.  I flew over the Valentine's day weekend.  I was shocked when I was initially forced to pay $40 for a 40 pound bag (which is $15 more and 10 pounds less than the majority of airlines).  I was further disheartened when I got to the gate and was forced to pay another $45 for my carry on bag (which was a child-sized bag that I intentionally bought from the children's section of Target in a feeble attempt to ensure that the bag would not be considered to be "oversized").  Flights are expensive enough without being gouged for luggage fees or being charged for carry on luggage.  The fees charged, especially for the carry on luggage that clearly fit into the sizer/measurements with no problem, is a gimmick and a swindle.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/05/2013 08:20 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Spirit-airlines/internet/Spirit-airlines-Baggage-Fee-Scam-Internet-1023702. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Spirit airlines