Complaint Review: Spitzer Autoworld Akron

• Updated: Mon, October 08, 2012

• Reported By: Olga — West palm beach Florida United States of America
Spitzer Autoworld Akron
1535 V. ODOM AVE AKRON, OHIO 44302 Akron, Ohio United States of America

Spitzer Autoworld Akron Spitzer Automotive Group Car had "check system" light 30 minutes after it was driven off the lot, dealer refused fix! Akron, Ohio

*Author of original report: Spitzer Management made the situation perfect...

*UPDATE Employee: Follow Up

*Author of original report: Spitzer Akron bad customer service

*Consumer Comment: Questions Deserving An Answer

I bought a car from Spitzer Autoworld in Akron Ohio on 9/4/2012. After 30 minutes on the road the car displayed a "check system" light for the tire pressure monitoring system and when I called the dealer they said it was something about the temperature change.

When I finished driving the car home, the light was still on. I called the dealer several days later, and the dealership conveniently said they only fixed powertrain issues and since it happened after I bought it it was my problem. SERIOUSLY, the problem happened 30 minutes after the car was driven off your lot, have some decency and fix the problem! Thanks for a horrible experience and people, make sure you buy from established dealerships like Carmax.

I will definitely not be returning to this dealership ever again!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/17/2012 01:04 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Spitzer-Autoworld-Akron/Akron-Ohio-44302/Spitzer-Autoworld-Akron-Spitzer-Automotive-Group-Car-had-check-system-light-30-minutes-a-942461. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Spitzer Autoworld Akron

Spitzer Management made the situation perfect...

AUTHOR: OlgaV - (United States of America)

When I filed my ripoff report I had only contacted the people at the dealership but not the actual management team at the company. If I had contacted them, I am sure no report would have been filed in the first place.

Spitzer has paid for all the repairs in full and the repair was done a Lexus Dealer. Larry from Spitzer spared no expense and took care of the situation in under a week.

AUTHOR: Victor Vella - (United States of America)

Olga,

I apologize for one your frustration and two a delayed response!!!

My name is Victor I am the E-Commerce director here at Spitzer Auto Group, I did speak with Jeff the manager at Spitzer Akron and he mentioned you guys were trying to work something out.

We appreciate your business driving all the way from Florida to Akron Ohio!!!

As an auto group we strive to get quality cars that our customers desire and to price our cars well under market, providing deals to customers no matter where you're located.

While that is important, I realize and hear your frustration, please do me a favor if you have not been able to resolve the situation and would like to further pursue it please reach out to our corporate office and ask for Larry.

You can reach him at (440) 323-4671. If you would prefer to send me your contact info and I will have him reach out to you as well.

- Victor V.

Spitzer Akron bad customer service

AUTHOR: OlgaV - (United States of America)

The point that I was trying to make is that the issue happened within 30 mins after I left the dealership, I figured they would stand behind their product without any hassle.

To answer your question, the car was bought with a limited powertrain warranty and yes, I took on it a test drive. When I called, they immediately mentioned the warranty and said they were DEFINITELY not going to pay for that "check system" light on the tire pressure system. I hope this serves as a warning to others who think about shopping there.

Questions Deserving An Answer

AUTHOR: Jim - (USA)

Before you bought this car, did you take it on a test drive?

When you bought this car did it come with a warranty or was it an "AS IS" purchase?

If you bought it "AS IS" any repairs are on you.