Complaint Review: Spokeo

• Submitted: Wed, January 16, 2013
  • Updated: Wed, January 16, 2013

• Reported By: Joseph — Sacramento California United States of America
Spokeo
556 S. Fair Oaks Ave. Suite #101-179 Pasadena, California United States of America

Spokeo SCAM ON LOOKUP-INCONSISTENT-INCORRECT Pasadena, California

*UPDATE Employee: Spokeo Customer Support

At first, I really liked their searches because they were showing me information that I wasn't finding elsewhere. I keep forgetting about www.ripoffreport,com which won't happen again.

I joined Spokeo to do reverse phone look up. I hit a wall when they flagged me as using 20 lookups. Then a pop up appears saying "we value you as a customer! Here's 20 more lookups" Problem is, you only get to view the info once. Every time you wanted to go back and review what you saw, they counted it as another look up. Theoretically, you can look up one number, but only view it 20 times. You then are locked out and they want you to upgrade.

Don't be fooled by this site. The information is whacked and is mostly false anyway. For instance, I'm looking at a number in Roseville, Ca. I know Roseville very well. I had copied and pasted the info on the address(street only). Strange thing was, there is no street by the name they were showing me. This had me going back into look up and that is when I got blocked.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/16/2013 10:07 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Spokeo/Pasadena-California-91105/Spokeo-SCAM-ON-LOOKUP-INCONSISTENT-INCORRECT-Pasadena-California-997797. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Spokeo

Spokeo Customer Support

AUTHOR: Spokeo - ()

Dear Joseph,

I'm sorry to hear that you were not aware of our search quota limit and hope to assist you in whatever way possible. All of our Premium Content is under a search quota limit. This implementation will not only ensure that your email searches continue to remain smooth and quick, but also will allow us to add more supported networks into our database in the future. This term is made very clear on our payment page, as it is included in the disclaimer which has to be agreed to before the purchase is processed. To ensure that our payers are aware of this, we even provide the link for the Plan Specification as part of the disclaimer.

I wish to point out, however, that your account's search quotas reset automatically every month, providing you full, comprehensive access again thereafter (unused searches will not roll over). You can always view your search quotas by clicking “Account” and selecting “Usage” from the drop down menu.

Please contact our support team at support@spokeo.com with mention of this complaint, and our representatives will be happy to resolve any issues you may have.

Sincerely,