occurring

Spokeo
Internet USA

Spokeo Spokeo gave my credit card info to SmarterPrivacy Internet

*UPDATE Employee: Spokeo Support

Spokeo gave my credit card info to SmarterPrivacy who illegally started billing my debit card. Both these companies are commiting internet fraud and should be prosecuted. I also am filing internet fraud charges with the FBI and any other agencies that I can find.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/05/2014 11:33 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Spokeo/internet/Spokeo-Spokeo-gave-my-credit-card-info-to-SmarterPrivacy-Internet-1121127. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Spokeo

Spokeo Support

AUTHOR: Spokeo - ()

Dear Spokeo User,

Thank you for your message.

I apologize for the frustration this has definitely caused and would be happy to clarify. Spokeo has various affiliates that advertise on our website. There is no way for those companies to charge you unless their service is agreed to and activated. There is a two step process in place to help prevent accidental sign ups, so I am unsure how that would have been missed, but I am aware that sometimes people confuse the 30-day trials offered as a Spokeo trial.

Please contact our support team at support@spokeo.com with mention of this complaint, and our representatives will be happy to resolve any issues you may have.

Sincerely,