Complaint Review: Spokeo.com

• Updated: Thu, April 04, 2013

• Reported By: D Montieth — RIDGEFIELD Connecticut
Spokeo.com
Pasadena, California United States of America

Spokeo.com The PREMIUM Spokeo membership only gives you a MAX of 5 email searches per month!!! Pasadena, California

*Author of original report: Maximum of 5 Email Addresses PER MONTH

*Consumer Comment: It is a Scam

*UPDATE Employee: Spokeo Customer Support

When you join the 3 month PREMIUM SPOKEO.Com membership you think you're getting the ability to make searches for 3 months.  WRONG!  Read the VERY FINE print under "Plan Specifications" (It will take you a while to find it!)  Inside you will find that you only get 5 (FIVE) email searches A MONTH!  Want a few more?  Only $45.00 more for the 3 months!  That's a total of $60 for 3 months.  That's a RIP-OFF!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/04/2013 04:10 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Spokeocom/Pasadena-California-91105/Spokeocom-The-PREMIUM-Spokeo-membership-only-gives-you-a-MAX-of-5-email-searches-per-mon-1040754. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Spokeo.com

Maximum of 5 Email Addresses PER MONTH

AUTHOR: D Montieth - ()

If you are really up front about letting people know why do you put it on payment page where people would not be looking for any "fine print". (I certainly didn't see it.)  And it's NOT readily available in Plan Specifications - it is several clicks to find it.  NOPE - it IS a Rip-Off.  I was trying to track down classmates for a 50th high school reunion and 5 email addresses per month would have taken me 2 YEARS to get them all!

It is a Scam

AUTHOR: I Spy - ()

I just researched Spokeo in the Better Business Bureau and their address matches the starbucks cafe in Fair Oaks Ave Pasadena California. I just got ripped off little less than $2.00 and I guess they expect e to do nothing. I think we should get together and start a class action suit against this thieves.

Spokeo Customer Support

AUTHOR: Spokeo - ()

Dear D. Montieth,

I'm sorry to hear that you were not aware of our search quota limit and hope to assist you in whatever way possible. All of our Premium Content is under a search quota limit. This implementation will not only ensure that your email searches continue to remain smooth and quick, but also will allow us to add more supported networks into our database in the future. This term is made very clear on our payment page, as it is included in the disclaimer which has to be agreed to before the purchase is processed. To ensure that our payers are aware of this, we even provide the link for the Plan Specification as part of the disclaimer.

I wish to point out, however, that your account's search quotas reset automatically every month, providing you full, comprehensive access again thereafter (unused searches will not roll over). You can always view your search quotas by clicking “Account” and selecting “Usage” from the drop down menu.

Please contact our support team with mention of this complaint, and our representatives will be happy to resolve any issues you may have.

Sincerely,