Complaint Review: Spokeo.com

• Submitted: Wed, December 22, 2010
  • Updated: Wed, December 22, 2010

• Reported By: Tom — Florida United States of America
Spokeo.com

Spokeo.com Deceptive advertising of monthly subscription fee, then they charge you for a full year at $59.40, Internet

I signed up to use their service on what was clearly advertised as $4.95 a month. I joined Dec 3rd, but did not have time to try it out at that time. On Dec 21, 2010 I saw they charged $59.40 on my credit card. When I contacted them to refund as I did not authorize them to charge for a full year, they refused and said "no refunds after 7 days free trial".

They purposely were very deceptive in what they charged and for how long!

I cancelled and lost my $59.40 as I certainly don't want to use their worthless service since that's how they operate. They are a rip off! with a capital R! I strongly recommend you do not do business with them under any circumstances, companies that operate like this should be avoided and they obviously don't care at all about their reputation.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/22/2010 02:52 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Spokeocom/internet/Spokeocom-Deceptive-advertising-of-monthly-subscription-fee-then-they-charge-you-for-a-674407. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Spokeo.com